As I have been progressing with my menu, I have also been thinking of some ideas of how I will use the menu.
I will take some images of the completed pages of the menu, so that viewers can see and read about the information. I then plan to use the menu as an actual menu, so I will take some pictures of the menu in a restaurant setting, possibly print out a few of them so I can go into a restaurant and put them on tables, and have guests read the menu. I will also possibly take a picture of the menu, next to some food, to kind of show a different aspect of the menu. I am still considering what my last image will be, possibly a picture of someone holding the menu open so you can see the form and type of publication it is.
As well as thinking about this, I did some more work on the menu itself.
So the next step I did for the menu was adding in all of the text that would be going on the menu. I did these in different steps, as each of the different pages have different layouts, and will contain different information. The first one I worked on was the front cover.
As you can see, the text is in blue, and at this point, I have just added in the main bulk of the text for both the back of the menu, and the front cover that opens. You can now begin to see what I have do in regards to splitting the writing for the front cover. I also added in the Hellmann’s logo, to meet a requirement of the brief.
I next did the text for the first page of the menu.
This page was designed more like a classic menu, with the pricing, and the for descriptions, as this page will show food, but in its out of date stage, where food has gone mouldy. I wanted to try out different elements of layout in this page, as you can see by the different orders the text comes in.
Lastly I did the second inside page of the menu.
With this page, I played around with different type faces, and also looked at the different layout again, so I have arranged the text, in cohesion with where I want my images to go. I will go into a bit more detail about the text, once I get the images into the menu.
The next step now is to add in all of my images I am using, and to then have a look at printing out the menu. I will most likely bring one in A4 first of all to see how the menu comes out, before starting to print them out in A3. I plan to print out about 4 copies, so i an use them for my photographs after, but this will all depend on how the A4 versions come out. At the moment, I have been working in A3, but if the menu works just as well in A4, then i will do some smaller versions too.