To summarise what we have been doing this year, one of our modules has been about apply ourselves and the illustrations we have done, to a professional standard. We have been asked to create a portfolio of our best pieces.
In this module, we have completed 6 projects, which I have spoken individually about, posting the collective images above.
We have done 3 editorial pieces, one for an article chosen out of two out tutor selected, one for Nicholas Stevenson, who gave us an article and took on the role of being an art director, and one where we had an article chosen for us by one of our peers, where we also got to chose an article for them. When doing editorial illustration, we were taught what the top tips are for editorial pieces, including limited colour pallets, and centring the image. You can read more about this on my previous blog posts.
We then did two book cover projects, one for To Kill a Mockingbird, and one for The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole. To be able to do the covers, I read both texts, picking out the things that I thought were the key points of the stories. Again, you can read more about these projects through my previos blog posts, which look into my ideas and processes more thoroughly.
The final project we did was for the Hereford Library project, where we were asked to design a brochure. You can read more about this on one of my most recent posts. This was also the image that I included in my exhibition.
Overall, I have enjoyed this module, although finding it difficult at the start, as I worked through the projects, I feel as though I have found out more about the style of my work and what I want to do in the future. I really liked the Adrian Mole cover and the library brochure, although creating my shoe collection for the article I was set by a classmate, was a lot of fun and I enjoyed getting to work with different materials as opposed to just pen and paper.